Pathbreakers Webinar Series: “Innovating Higher Ed”
January 28, 12:30 – 1:00 pm
Missed the live event? Check out the webinar recording above.
Michael Horn serves as the Chief Strategy Officer for the Entangled Group, an education technology studio and is the co-founder of the Clayton Christensen Institute for Disruptive Innovation. As an expert on innovation, online learning, and how to transform the education system into a student-centered one, this Pathbreakers session will focus on how to define innovation in higher ed and how to leverage the “disruptive” forces both inside and outside of higher ed to Mason’s advantage.
Below are just a few of the questions discussed:
- Is “innovation” an overused term in higher ed?
- What examples can you offer of breakthrough innovation in higher ed?
- Does truly disruptive innovation require new organizational structures?
- Where should universities “stick to their knitting” / their core competencies and avoid the seeming obsession with innovation?
- What are the most exciting innovations you see in higher ed?